Rocklin Trucking Accidents Lawyer
Firm assists victims of crashes in the greater Sacramento metro area
You might never physically be the same after being hit by a truck, and the medical bills that result could shatter your finances. At Inimitable Law in Rocklin, we have the experience and determination to collect substantial compensation for Californians injured in commercial vehicle collisions. You can rely on us to fight for the payment you need to cover your healthcare expenses, lost wages and other damages stemming from a truck accident.
Common trucking accident injuries
Large trucks are capable of causing catastrophic injuries, even at low speeds. Our firm handles a full range of cases, including matters involving:
- Traumatic brain injuries and other damage to the head and neck
- Broken and fractured bones
- Spinal cord injuries, including paralysis
- Soft tissue injuries
- Internal injuries
- Lacerations and excessive bleeding
We also represent surviving family members and estate representatives in wrongful death litigation following fatal truck accidents.
Common trucking accident causes
Like others on the road, truck drivers may engage in risky behaviors that increase the likelihood of a crash, such as speeding, refusing to brake at stop signals, making unsafe lane changes and failing to adjust for weather conditions. There are also accident causes that are particularly associated with commercial vehicles, including:
- Sleep deprivation — Truckers are on the road for long periods of time and face pressure to meet their deadlines. Despite rules on required rest periods, many commercial vehicle operators get behind the wheel when they have not had enough sleep.
- Excessive and unsecured cargo — Overloaded trucks are much more difficult to maneuver and brake. Sometimes, a tractor-trailer will jackknife, or fold in on itself, because it cannot stop safely due to the weight it’s carrying. Improperly secured cargo also creates a serious risk as dropped items can be nearly impossible for other motorists to avoid.
- Equipment failure — One slight manufacturing defect could lead to a hitch failure, rollover or another dangerous type of accident.
- Blind spots — Tractor-trailers are so long that drivers need special mirrors to see what vehicles are behind them. Still, there are numerous instances where a semi-truck operator causes an accident because they fail to recognize a vehicle in their blind spot.
No matter what triggered the crash in your case, our firm is committed to pursuing appropriate compensation for you through a settlement or judgment.
Who can be held liable in a California truck accident claim?
While a passenger vehicle is almost always driven by its owner or their family member, many different parties can contribute to an accident involving a large truck. Along with the driver, there might be a trucking company or another type of business that owns the rig. Companies that hire a commercial vehicle could also be liable if they demand that the truck carry an unsafe load or violate safety regulations in order to reach their destination by a certain time. Given their size, there is also a higher likelihood that a part will fail on a commercial vehicle. Our firm identifies all potential defendants and presses them and their insurers to help clients obtain the payment they deserve.
What damages can you recover for your truck accident injuries in California?
You can collect compensation for various types of damages if you are hurt in a truck accident, such as:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages and earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Damage to your car and other property
- Emotional trauma
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Scarring and other types of disfigurement
Our attorney works with doctors and other experts to demonstrate the full extent of the harm suffered by truck accident victims.
Contact a California truck accident lawyer for a free initial consultation
Inimitable Law in Rocklin represents Sacramento-area victims of truck accidents. To set up a consultation about what type of financial recovery might be available, please call 916-500-0369 or contact us online.