Rocklin Motorcycle Accident Attorney Pursues Justice for Clients
California firm represents injured bikers throughout the Sacramento area
Many Northern California residents enjoy riding a motorcycle through the greater Sacramento area and other parts of the state. Unfortunately, careless motorists can turn a great ride into a serious medical crisis. Inimitable Law, located in Rocklin, pursues justice for motorcycle riders who have been hurt due to someone else’s negligence. We press to maximize compensation for plaintiffs so that they receive the payment they need to deal with healthcare costs, missed time at work and other effects stemming from a motorcycle crash.
Common motorcycle accident causes
Each motorcycle accident case is unique, but many can be linked to one or more of the following factors:
- Careless driving — A driver who is distracted, tired or intoxicated might not notice a motorcycle on the road until it is too late. Likewise, speeding, unsafe lane changes and other traffic violations pose a greater risk to bikers than people in cars or trucks. This is especially true if the motorcycle is lane splitting, which is permitted under California law.
- Unsafe left turns — Many collisions between cars and motorcycles occur as the driver is making a left-hand turn and fails to recognize that a bike is heading down the lane being crossed.
- Poor road conditions — Unlike larger vehicles, motorcycles can be thrown off balance by potholes and other types of road hazards. Crashes also occur when a biker has to swerve suddenly to avoid an obstruction.
- Manufacturing and maintenance problems — Mechanical failures and poor maintenance could lead to problems that trigger a severe crash.
In cases involving these causes and others, our firm delivers strong advocacy to the victims of motorcycle accidents.
Common motorcycle accident injuries
Lacking the protection that people inside cars and trucks have, victims of motorcycle accidents are much more likely to suffer a catastrophic injury. Specific types of harm that can stem from a motorcycle crash include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord and neck injuries that can result in paralysis
- Broken and fractured bones
- Soft tissue injures
- Abrasions and lacerations commonly referred to as “road rash”
When a motorcycle accident is fatal, we strive to secure a measure of justice for surviving loved ones by collecting compensation for them in a wrongful death lawsuit.
What happens if you were lane splitting when the accident occurred?
Motorcycle riders are now permitted to travel between lanes of slowly moving automobile traffic, a practice commonly referred to as “lane splitting.” However, a biker who violates the lane splitting guidelines set forth by the California Highway Patrol might be held partially or completely liable for a collision that ensues. The defendant driver might claim that an accident victim was traveling too fast while lane splitting or riding between vehicles going 30 mph or faster.
What happens if you were injured as a passenger in a California motorcycle accident?
If you were riding on the back of a motorcycle and got hurt in a crash, you can seek payment from the liable party or parties. Motorcycle accidents that do not involve another vehicle could very well be the fault of the biker, and you might choose to bring a negligence claim against them. Collisions between a motorcycle and a car could be the result of carelessness on behalf of the driver, the biker or both. Our firm conducts a thorough investigation of motorcycle crashes to determine who is legally responsible. From there, we press to maximize compensation for our clients.
Contact a California motorcycle accident lawyer to schedule a free consultation
Inimitable Law in Rocklin seeks compensation for victims of motorcycle accidents in the Sacramento area and throughout Northern California. For a free initial consultation with a skillful attorney, please call 916-500-0369 or contact us online.